25.4.05

i've seen the picture,


Write about an occasion when a planned activity proved unsuccessful because of an uncooperative member.


'She was against the decision right from the very beginning. I knew because I was sitting next to her when the decision was announced and I heard her curse softly under her breath. That was when I knew that there was going to be trouble in paradise.

Felicity's idea for a class activity was a condensed version of the popular television reality show, "The Amazing Race." Our class was to trek all over Singapore in pairs to complete a series of tasks and challenges. Upon completing a task, they will receive a clue to their next destination where they will complete another task in order to get their next clue. The cycle goes on until you receive your last clue, which will lead you to the final destination. Along the way, you may have to make a choice between two tasks or a choice between you and your partner to take on a certain task.

Her idea was naturally different from Felicity's. Instead of trekking all over Singapore, her idea required us to remain at a place. Instead of roughing it out on a series of tasks and challenges, she wanted us to feel pampered in a jacuzzi pool. Her idea, in short, was a day's stay at the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

They had a personal battle going on, so needless to say, she was extremely *unhappy when the decision to choose Felicity's idea was announced.

So, naturally, I smelt a rat when she volunteered to be on the planning board. I voice my suspicion to Felicity but Felicity dismissed it with a wave. "I'm sure she just wants to make up for all the nasty things she had said about me in the past. Besides, though she was a bit uncooperative at first, she's okay now."

My suspicions about her dwindled when I saw her being so eager to volunteer her services. Being the daughter of the founder of a printing company, she offered to print all the clues and envolopes. "I'll bring them on the day itself," she paused, "Will it be okay?"

"Sure," we replied, "Thanks a million!"

Looking back, I could have sworn that a sinister smile crept onto her face then. But I was too busy with the activity's preparation then and that was that.

At last, the preparations for the activity were finished. The activity was to begin tomorrow.

Tomorrow came and it was the perfect weather for the activity. Alas, the skies had darkened the moment we arrived in school.

"Gee, I hope it doesn't rain," Felicity said worriedly, "It will ruin everything. Wait a second, where is she?"

She was not there. My heart sank as I reached out for my mobile phone and started punching in her number. Thunder roared. It was not an omnious sign, was it?

"Hello?" she said in a sing-song manner.

"Hey, where are you?" I replied.

"At home," she paused, "I'm not coming. Why bother? It's going to rain anyway."

I was shell-shocked. "You can't!" I screamed.

"Yes I can," she replied calmly, "and you know why."

"But we are a team! You can't ditch because of your bitterness! We must work with one another! We must cooperate!" I said frantically.

A dial tone answered me. I looked at Felicity's pale face and tried to assure her that everything would be okay and that the activity could still be carried out despite one less helper. She nodded and smiled timidly. I smiled back at her and that was when a jolt of relization shocked me - she was the only one with the clues. I looked at Felicity and when I saw the resignation in her eyes, I knew she knew it too.

The rain started to fall from the skies. Everything was ruined.'

*i wrote 'pissed.' and mdm sng said it was vulgar! PISSED - VULGAR?! then what is 'fuck,' i ask?!

anyway, i dont know about you, but in my opinion, i wrote out of point. its more like "she" being revengeful rather than uncooperative, isnt it?

the reason i'm writing this? to show that ta-da! actually my english is quite bad after all. how many "cheem" words do you see, huh? and i even spelled "announced" in the original piece wrongly! HOHOHO.

-sigh. my english suck.

any ol' how, it has been a bad bad weekend for sports.

first, liverpool lost. to crystal palace, of all teams. and anthony le tallec played so badly. =(

and kimi whatshislastname crashed out of the san something race so early! and he was leading! boos. =(

and houston rockets have to beat their opponents in the nba playoffs. gah.

thank goodness heats beat the nets. these goes to shows that things come in threes. so, if there's another piece of good sporting news (ie. andy roddick won the claycourt championship!), then liverpool will definitely beat chelsea. -beams.


its' written all over your face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home