13.8.06

if butterflies are free to fly,


THIS SHALL BE MY LAST POST FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM.

i will miss this place. i will miss the dining hall. i will miss the brick walls. i will miss my tiny little cosy room. i will miss the cold, the wind, the flowers and the different animals. i will miss converting from pounds to dollars. i will miss the food. i will miss the old hall, the old kitchens, the porters' lodge, the laundry room, the bathrooms, the pantry. i will miss walking along the brick corridors. i will miss the girls' dorm & the boys' dorm. i will miss typing on a laptop. i will miss the shower room's hot water. i will miss the big cricket field and the big soccer field and the basketball court. i will miss playing frisbee. i will miss wearing many layers of clothes. i will miss the town. i will miss the smiles & greetings i receive from most of the angmohs. i will miss the pretty buildings. i will miss the shopping. i will miss the lovely chocolate boxes. i will miss the buses and the old-fashioned tickets. i will miss travelling miles and miles and seeing nothing but trees and wheat (?) and cows and sheeps. i will miss girton. i will miss cambridge.

but i already miss my family, my friends, my monkey, my home, my stuffed toys, my room, my bed, my bolster, my pillow & my computer (technically my brother's, but nvm). i also miss the food, the fact that i dont have to convert anything and the number 30 means 30 dollars and not 90 dollars. i miss the sizes of my clothes. i miss the stray cats below my house. i miss my 8 days and my tv. i miss the hot weather. i miss all the "la," "leh," "lor." i miss using my ez-link. i miss showering for half an hour. i miss not wearing to wear jeans. i miss the brightly-lit night. i miss singapore.

so, like gabriel says, it is a bittersweet goodbye.

bye uk, you are a pretty little place. i really hope no terrorists come and attack you again. if they do, take comfort in the fact that they will end up in the nice hot place, otherwise known as hell. (:

cya in singapore, sweeties.


(no tag replies today. i need to pack squeeze my luggage. and i'm tired.)


why do they fly away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home